Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thanks but no thanks

Finally, in the third week of July, we got our answer. The YIOP-ers decided go to with another couple. (We had a feeling they really wanted this to be a "couple" job rather than just one person, which is how I would have done it.) I had a feeling this was going to be the answer, but I was kind of surprised - I'd never been rejected from a job! I sat there at the computer, open-mouthed. Were we really going to have to make good on our plan to make aliyah if the job didn't come through? I called Donny and my mother, but of course neither of them was at their desk. Luckily, Leezy was on g-chat, so she was the first one to know. We were now going to be on the same NBN flight as Leezy and Family. For those of you who know my sister, to say she was excited is like saying Ben & Jerry have a passing interest in ice cream. So she screamed over g-chat, because she was at work. Finally, I got in touch with the other necessary parties (i.e. Donny and Momz) and we set the wheels in motion. Now that the decision was in, I was excited. We tried to be rational and sane, but clearly, that didn't work. It was time to jump in, people.

No comments: